Awsworth 5k Fun Run - Information for Participants
Thank you for signing up for the Awsworth 5k Fun Run on SUNDAY 7th May! We are looking forward to a great day! Please take the time to read the information below, if you have any further queries about the event do not hesitate to contact us (telephone 0115 9321926 or 07840859990).
The run begins at 10.30am at Awsworth Primary School, The Lane, Awsworth, Nottingham
NG16 2QS. Please note: your race number will be available on the day. Each race number has a personalised chip which will record your time at the finish – your race number with chip must be securely fastened / pinned to your front throughout the run. At 10.00am there will be a leg-stretching and general fitness warm-up at the Start!
What should I wear?
Footwear and clothing suitable for running – which can include fancy dress if you like!
Where can I park?
Parking is available at Awsworth Village Hall Car Park (opposite the school) and surrounding roads. The Crown Inn (on Main Street), The Gardeners Inn and Trinity Farm (both on Awsworth Lane) have given us permission to use their car parks during the run and are all a short walk from the school. Please park considerately and allow plenty of time to park and to arrive at the Start. Please note there will be no parking for competitors at the school. If you live within walking distance of the school, it would be greatly appreciated if you could arrive ‘on foot’: this will minimise congestion around the school and ensure parking is available at the village hall for those car users who are travelling longer distances. Many thanks for your co-operation.
Do I have to wear my race number?
Yes, this must be worn throughout the run. Please fill in your name and any medical details on the back of the number. The race number (with attached chip) generates your finishing time; STUWEB will be providing all competitors with the opportunity to check their times instantly on the screen in their van at the finish. Times will be added to STUWEB’s website as soon as possible after the event. Please visit www.stuweb.co.uk for the results.
Where can I leave my things?
Participants may leave their belongings in one of our cloakrooms where there are toilets available. Please note that this area will not be supervised and Awsworth Primary School will not take responsibility for any loss, theft or damage to personal items.
Can entries be accepted on the day?
Yes – until 10.00am, however, the higher entry fee of £6 (under-16’s) and £10 (16 Years and over) will be charged but the medal is not guaranteed for late entries. Please note that entries will close once the race limit of 500 runners has been reached.
Other Important Information:-
2. In the interests of safety, at the Start, all participants should follow the direction of marshals and line up as follows: those running the entire
race will assemble at the front, followed by joggers, and then those walking towards the rear.
3. Children aged under-10 must be accompanied by an adult.
4. All participants must follow the direction of the run marshals on the course.
5. All participants must remain on the pavement at all times and should only go onto the road when crossing at the marshalled junctions.
6. All participants must give way to traffic at road junctions.
7. There will be a water station at around 3k.
8. First Aid will be provided by qualified personnel if required.
9. Photographs will be taken on the day at the Finish line. If you do not wish for your photograph to be taken, you must inform the race
organiser on the day of the event.
10. At 11.30am, near the Finish line, additional prizes will be awarded to those finishing FIRST in the following categories:- Men (16 Years and
over), Women (16 Years and over), Boys (under-16), Girls (under-16). There will also be awards for the first Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 1
/ Foundation children to finish. Please note: if the Boys or Girls under-16 winner is a primary school child, the Key Stage 2 Award will be
given to the second primary school child to cross the line.
11. There will be additional prizes for ‘Best Fancy Dressed’ adult and child participants who finish the run.
12. The Finish area will be closed at 12.30pm.
13. Guide Dogs is our selected charity for 2017. Representatives of the charity will be at the run and conditions permitting, we are hoping to
have some guide dogs to help cheer the runners on! The enclosed sponsorship form should be sent to the school by Friday 9th June
together with any money collected.
14. In all matters relating to the run, the organiser and organising committee’s decision is final.