VISION AND AIMS STATEMENT
‘Striving to Achieve Our BEST!’
At Awsworth Primary and Nursery School we are committed to ensuring that our pupils can achieve their BEST by valuing, nurturing and embedding the following key principles of Belief, Effort, Success and Teamwork:
We encourage Belief by…
- Providing a safe, welcoming and happy learning environment that enables each child to have a belief in themselves, their abilities and their potential.
- Providing a school where each child knows that they are valued and respected as individuals and that they have a voice that will be listened to.
- Providing a school where everyone values the importance and love of life-long learning and where everyone has the opportunity to become a confident and successful learner.
- Encouraging everyone to see that as global citizens they can make a difference to our world - locally, nationally and globally.
- Ensuring our children aim high and that they do not settle for second best.
- Instilling a culture of positive, mutually supportive relationships that foster a belief in oneself and a belief in others.
We encourage Effort by…
- Providing the strategies that will help nurture pupils to overcome challenges and difficulties for themselves enabling them to become autonomous and adaptable learners.
- Helping children become resilient learners who see the value and importance of keeping going and not giving up.
- Creating opportunities for children to understand that they have the capacity to control, improve and value their own learning outcomes.
- Celebrating achievement and identifying the contribution that effort has made towards it.
- Promoting a ‘have-a-go’ culture where engagement, participation and enjoyment are valued as essential stepping stones to achievement and success.
We encourage Success by…
- Ensuring that everyone enjoys the opportunity to achieve, and to celebrate and take pride in their own achievements, in the achievements of others and in the school as a whole.
- Providing a stimulating, rich and relevant curriculum which enables children to leave our school as literate, numerate, creative and informed individuals.
- Providing quality teaching that seeks to engage, inspire and motivate all pupils securing clear evidence of improvements in their learning.
- Enabling the entire school community to engage with, participate in and commit to our learning journey, prioritising quality provision and establishing opportunities to become confident and successful learners.
- Recognising progress and achievement in a way that rewards individuals, creates positive memories and inspires others.
We encourage Teamwork by…
- Creating an environment where the success of individuals is acknowledged as being part of an equally valued TEAM culture where ‘Together Everyone Achieves More’.
- Recognising that we are partners in the education of our pupils and committed to working in partnership with our parents and the wider community.
- Ensuring that everyone who is associated with our rights respecting school community is committed to its success and treats one another with tolerance, kindness and respect.
- Working with organisations beyond the school who with their insight, resources and expertise can enhance the quality of our existing provision.
- Creating opportunities for everyone to make a positive contribution to the school and the wider community through tangible activity, a sense of pride and respect for themselves and others.