Awsworth 5k Fun Run - Information for Participants
Thank you for signing up for the Awsworth 5k Fun Run on SUNDAY 12th May! We are looking forward to a great day! Please take the time to read the information below, if you have any further queries about the event do not hesitate to contact us (telephone 0115 9321926 or 07840859990).
The run begins at 10.30am at Awsworth Primary School, The Lane, Awsworth, Nottingham
NG16 2QS. Please note, this year all race numbers will be distributed on the day. Each race number has a personalised chip which will record your time at the finish – your race number with chip must be securely fastened / pinned to your front throughout the run. At 10.00am there will be a leg-stretching and general fitness warm-up at the Start!
Where can I park?
Parking is available at Awsworth Village Hall Car Park (opposite the school) and surrounding roads. The Gardeners Inn and Trinity Farm (both on Awsworth Lane) have given us permission to use their car parks during the run and are all a short walk from the school. Please park considerately and allow plenty of time to park and to arrive at the Start. Please note there will be no parking for competitors at the school. If you live within walking distance of the school, it would be greatly appreciated if you could arrive ‘on foot’: this will minimise congestion around the school and ensure parking is available at the village hall for those car users who are travelling longer distances. Many thanks for your co-operation.
Do I have to wear my race number?
Yes, this must be worn throughout the run. Please fill in your name and any medical details on the back of the number. The race number (with attached chip) generates your finishing time; STUWEB will be providing all competitors with the opportunity to check their times instantly on the screen in their van at the finish. Times will be added to STUWEB’s website as soon as possible after the event. Please visit www.stuweb.co.uk for the results.
Where can I leave my things?
Participants may leave their belongings in one of our cloakrooms where there are toilets available. Please note that this area will not be supervised and while every effort will be made to return any lost property to its rightful owner Awsworth Primary School will not accept responsibility for any loss, theft or damage to personal items.
Can entries be accepted on the day?
It is unlikely that there will be any places left on the day; if there are, they will be available until 10.00am, however, the higher entry fee of £6 (under-16’s) and £10 (16 Years and over) will be charged but the medal is not guaranteed for late entries. However, please note that entries will close once the race limit of 500 runners has been reached.
Other Important Information:-
(8) There will be a water station at around 3k.
(9) First Aid will be provided by qualified personnel if required.
(10) Photographs will be taken on the day at the Finish line. If you do not wish for your photograph to be taken, you must inform the race organiser on the day of the event.
(11) At 11.30am, near the Finish line, additional prizes will be awarded to those in the following categories:- Male Race Winner, Female Race Winner, Adult Male Winner, Adult Female Winner, KS3/4 Boys Winner, KS3/4 Girls Winner, KS2 Boys Winner, KS2 Girls Winner, KS1 / Foundation Boys Winner, KS1 / Foundation Girls Winner.
(12) The Finish area will be closed at 12.30pm.
(13) In all matters relating to the run, the organiser and organising committee’s decision is final.
(14) We are very grateful to all of our sponsors who are supporting the Awsworth 5k Fun Run 2019
(15) The Firefighters Charity is our selected charity for 2019. This national charity does a fantastic job on a simple mission providing services that enhance quality of life for serving and retired fire fighters, fire personnel and their families through a range of support programmes including physical rehabilitation, psychological support, recuperation and a confidential helpline which provides impartial advice, guidance and support on a wide range of concerns. Representatives from the charity and the fire service will be at the run to help cheer you on! The Fire Fighters Charity have set up a JustGiving page so that runners can set up their own sponsorship page as part of the Awsworth 5k Fun Run team. Please visit the link below: https://www.justgiving.com/teams/Awsworth5kFunRun. You will need to visit this page and select ‘join the team’. This will enable you to set up your own JustGiving page to then share with your friends and family and all sponsorship money will go directly to The Fire Fighters Charity. For runnners preferring a sponsorship form they should be sent to the school by Friday 7th June together with any money collected.
The first 100 runners to prove* on the day to our Fire Fighters Charity Volunteer’s that they’ve raised £50+ for The Fire Fighters Charity will receive a free Blaze Bear teddy (pictured below). Good luck with fundraising for our Charity and if you need any support in doing so, please get in touch with Laura, Events Fundraiser at email@example.com.
(*By showing online giving page on phone / print-out or proving they’ve handed over funds to the school.”)